Putting Joy into your day, deliberately.
I will meet the day with gladness, I will meet the dawn with joy, for the Lord has placed within my heart a song.
As a child I loved hammocks.
I would swing in them, play in them, flip in them, imagine in them, read in them, watch cloud pictures from them… I never dreamed that I would one day live in a place where hammocks are considered indispensable pieces of living room furniture. And yet, here we are, raising four children in the paradise of tropical Mexico and wearing out our Mayan hammock!
The Lord is so good to give us little things that bring us so much joy!
- When the baby is fussy, we head to the hammock and he begins giggling.
- When someone is hurt, or tired, or sick, the hammock is the soothing place.
- We sing together in the hammock. My children play in the hammock, and flip in it (following in my footsteps).
- We watch movies in the hammock.
- It is our favorite spot for cuddling and listening to stories.
It is a simple thing, but honestly, I don’t know now how we ever enjoyed family life without one!
I could put it up, store it away, only take it out on special occasions, or when we need an extra “bed”. But why hide the source of so much joy?
Has God put a song in your heart today?
Is He the source of your joy? Don’t hide it. Display it. Live deliberate joy. Share the joy with others.
Maybe there is an object God has used to give you or your family joy. I challenge you to name it, and then embrace it. Look for ways to deliberately incorporate the joy and deliberately share it today, then leave a comment and tell us about it.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. Psalm 28:7