Hi! I’m Katie.
I’m so glad you stopped by! I am a missionary wife, mother, and teacher & I write here 3-4 times a week to encourage you in the areas of Marriage, Motherhood (Homeschooling), & Ministry. My goal is to refresh & encourage you.
Your job is hard. And I hope you will find refreshment and inspiration here that will allow you to return to your special calling with God honoring thoughts and a brighter outlook. I would love for you to send me an email, leave a comment, or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,
Google + or LinkedIn.
I imagine myself to be the proud owner of a pet elephant who paints, and a librarian of a ginormous library, see the ones that inspire me here!
But in real life, I am daughter by adoption to the King of Heaven and the best friend, traveling and learning companion, and lover to my missionary husband, Hero, since 2003.
I am also mother, cook, story teller, housecleaner, nurse, cuddler and teacher to four wonderful children whom we call Taz, Sir, Flower & Butterfly (Read what I love about each of them). AND we have a Baby on the way!
One of our ministries is writing a Christian homeschool curriculum in the Spanish language. Find out more about that exciting project here.
I have also written a couple of short ebooks:
- Loving You Long Distance: Tips for Strengthening Long Distance Family Relationships
- Divine Design: A Study of Feminine Priorities
- Putting on the Spirit: 10 Minute Devotionals for Busy Moms
I love to speak to women, and have contributed to several other places on the web:
- Educando En El Hogar – a blog and radio podcast encouraging and informing Spanish speaking home educators
- So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler – (contributor) Homeschooling from a faith-based perspective
- The Ultimate History Field Trip – for Upside Down Homeschooling
- Backwards Day: a KWL Delight - for Not Consumed
- Social Media Tips for the Newbie Blogger – for Story Social Media
- Nearly Free Ways to Learn a Second Language – for Free Homeschool Deals
- What is Your Miracle? – for Where He Leads We Follow
- 6 Ways to teach Missions to Our Children – for Raising Arrows
May you be encouraged today! Love,
Want to know more? Here are a few of the other things I love:
- children’s picture books
- all kinds of silly holidays
- discipling others
- dark chocolate
- making lists (here’s one of my favorites)
- reading books to my kids
- the color purple
- the smell of old books (and new books)
- the mayan hammock in my living room
- home education
- the light in their eyes when they “get” a concept
- biographies (see a list of my favorites here)
- crafting (painting, jewelry, sewing, whatever!)
- hosting guests in our home
- speaking to groups
- playing the flute
- and, oh yes, all kinds of books!