Hi! I’m Katie. I live in Paradise (tropical Mexico) and am determined to sing my Lord’s praises each day. I’m so glad you stopped by! I hope you will subscribe, so I can send some encouragement your way 3-4 times a week. I’ll be sharing encouraging thoughts and helpful information in the areas of Marriage, Motherhood (Homeschooling), & Ministry.
As a woman, Your job is hard. And it is my goal that you will find refreshment and inspiration here that will allow you to return to your special calling with God honoring thoughts and a brighter outlook. I would love for you to send me an email, leave a comment, or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + or LinkedIn.
So, besides my name, where I live, and what I write, what else would you like to know?
I imagine myself to be the proud owner of a pet elephant who paints, and a librarian of a ginormous library (see the ones that inspire me here!). But in real life, I am daughter by adoption to the King of Heaven and the best friend, traveling and learning companion, and lover to my missionary husband, Hero, since 2003.
I am also mother, cook, story teller, housecleaner, nurse, cuddler and teacher to five wonderful children whom we call Butterfly, Flower, Sir, Taz & Sunshine (Read what I love about each of them).
I am also a writer and a speaker with passions for encouraging women in their God-given roles, and for promoting the Christian homeschool movement in the Spanish speaking world. We host a bi-weekly radio show for Spanish speaking home educators, we are writing the Lemonhass Homeschool Curriculum for Spanish speakers; and I have also written a few short ebooks, and have contributed to several other places on the web:
- Educando En El Hogar – (founder, author, speaker) a blog and radio podcast encouraging and informing Spanish speaking home educators
- So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler – (2013 contributor) Homeschooling from a faith-based perspective
- The Ultimate History Field Trip – for Upside Down Homeschooling
- Backwards Day: a KWL Delight - for Not Consumed
- Homeschooling on the Mission Field – for Homeschool Survival
- Social Media Tips for the Newbie Blogger – for Story Social Media
- Nearly Free Ways to Learn a Second Language – for Free Homeschool Deals
- What is Your Miracle? – for Where He Leads We Follow
- 6 Ways to teach Missions to Our Children – for Raising Arrows
- Why Success is Not for Me – for HEDUA blog
Wishing you encouragement today, Love,
Still want to know more? Here are a few of the other things I love:
- children’s picture books
- all kinds of silly holidays
- discipling others
- dark chocolate
- making lists (here’s one of my favorites)
- reading books to my kids
- the color purple
- the smell of old books (and new books)
- the mayan hammock in my living room
- home education
- the light in their eyes when they “get” a concept
- biographies (see a list of my favorites here)
- crafting (painting, jewelry, sewing, whatever!)
- hosting guests in our home
- speaking to groups
- playing the flute
- and, oh yes, all kinds of books!