Hi! I’m Katie.
Writer, Educator, Speaker and Blogger, and I’m so glad you stopped by!
About this website
Through Paradise Praises I hope to encourage and inspire you as a woman, as a wife, as a mother, and/or as a ministry woman to joyfully pursue the fruitful, virtuous and glorious life God has called you to.
My inspiration is 2 Peter 2:1-3 and I write 3-4 times a week about about topics falling into the broad categories of Marriage, Motherhood, & Ministry, as well as other issues important to today’s Christian woman, but always from a biblical and encouraging perspective.
Your job is hard. And I want you to find refreshment and inspiration here that will allow you to return to your special calling with God honoring thoughts and a brighter outlook. I would love for you to send me an email, leave a comment, or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,
Google + or LinkedIn.
Apart from my lovely family, my biggest passions are encouraging others, discipleship, and home education, all of which you’ll hear about if you stick around here very long.
I imagine myself to be the proud owner of a pet elephant who paints, and a librarian of a ginormous library.
But in real life, I am daughter by adoption to the King of Heaven and the best friend, traveling and learning companion, and lover to my missionary husband, Hero, since 2003.
I am also mother, cook, story teller, housecleaner, nurse, cuddler and teacher to four wonderful children whom we call Taz, Sir, Flower & Butterfly (Read what I love about each of them).
If you like what you’re finding on Paradise Praises, here are some other places God has allowed me to share encouragement:
- Loving You Long Distance: Tips for Strengthening Long Distance Family Relationships
- Divine Design: A Study of Feminine Priorities
- Educando En El Hogar – Lemonhass’ blog encouraging and informing Spanish speaking home educators
- Fulfilling Your Vows - dedicated to celebrating and promoting biblical marriage
- So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler – Homeschooling from a faith-based perspective
- The Ultimate History Field Trip – for Upside Down Homeschooling
- Backwards Day: a KWL Delight - for Not Consumed
- Social Media Tips for the Newbie Blogger – for Beech Retreat
- Nearly Free Ways to Learn a Second Language – for Free Homeschool Deals
- What is Your Miracle? – for Where He Leads We Follow
I Was Featured:
- Mujeres Para Dios – Campeche Ladies Conference, March 1-2, 2013.
- Ultimate Transformation Homeschool Expo – May 13-17, 2013
- Ultimate Homeschool Spanish Expo – May, 2013
May you be encouraged today! Love,
Want to know more? Here are a few of the other things I love:
- children’s picture books
- all kinds of silly holidays
- discipling others
- dark chocolate
- making lists (here’s one of my favorites)
- reading books to my kids
- the color purple
- the smell of old books (and new books)
- the mayan hammock in my living room
- home education
- the light in their eyes when they “get” a concept
- biographies (see a list of my favorites here)
- crafting (painting, jewelry, sewing, whatever!)
- hosting guests in our home
- speaking to groups
- playing the flute
- and, oh yes, all kinds of books!